5.19.2012

Mother's Day Weekend

On the Saturday before mother's day, I got to go climbing with some old-time climbing friends.

Carrie had not been on the rock in 3 or 4 years so we had to use some coercion methods 
but we did get her to climb a bit.

Robin was a rock star on lead, working through crux sections with ease. 

This 5.9 was generally easy with a tricky move that seemed harder than 5.9. Each of us pulled it differently. Robin did an off-balance traverse on a ramp. Joanne did a reachy high-step move. And I used my favorite, the 'lie-back scrunch your feet up' move.

 Joanne

 Wearing 'Red Roamer' harness...6 month baby belly sticking out a little 
but hard to see at this angle.

Robin & I

This was a particularly momentous mother's day weekend. We were celebrating my mom's birthday, mother's day (of course), my pregnancy, and her retirement.

 In mom's yard, after our brunch in the sun 
(80 degrees that day...crazy for around here).


Then, we headed to see Brandon's mom for lunch/dinner. Brandon found this great beach for a picnic. Views of Mt. Rainier, a relatively uncrowded beach, and the warm sun.



Brandon and mom

No comments: