7.20.2015

The Best RV Park Ever!

Doctors orders were to 'avoid travel', so we cancelled our trip to Glacier and the Bitteroot area of Montana. We decided a nice compromise was to hang out at the RV pad at my dad's place in Coeur d'Alene.


80 acres, panoramic views of the lake, and loads of quiet except for the noises of various birds, honey bees, grasshoppers, frogs, and the occasional elk bugling. Plus some time with grandma and grandpa. Not too bad, right?!



My amazing hubby surprised me with a birthday present of a 'spa day' at the Coeur d'Alene Inn: a pregnancy massage, facial, and pedicure. I've never done a true 'spa' experience and it was pretty awesome. That evening, we enjoyed a nice dinner on the back patio with a lovely sunset. I'm looking forward to another great year.

While in town, we got a couple visits in with my best childhood friend and her fun family. Here, we enjoyed playing and swimming at the Mica Beach.




[K is pretty sweet on this little girl]


[the clan with K & I...me looking ridiculously huge and uncomfortable
(did a little too much that day).]


[K thought it was awesome to have a bunch of kids in his Airstream room. 
Five kids in one tiny space!]

[The kids get a lesson on honeybees from Grandpa Dale.]



We also enjoyed an evening kayak and paddle board session at Loff's Bay, unpictured as we don't have dry bags for our camera yet.

Paddling around the marshy ends of this lake are some of my best memories as a child. I sat in the middle of my grandparents' large aluminum canoe while they paddled. I imagined myself to be a little 'Indian' girl (that was the term we used back then). We were quiet as we looked and listened for birds and wildlife. Thirty-plus years later, K sat quietly in front of me, while we dipped our paddles in quietly and looked and listened. We saw a little turtle, a heron, some geese, and a few fish.

On another day, B went fishing on the St. Joe (also unpictured...sorry). It turned out to be quite a long drive but he enjoyed himself anyway. We will try to go back there to camp and fish more. While he was away, I played in the shop with the router and scroll saw, making a sign for a friend's yard.


[K occupied himself with a 'construction project'.]

[the almost finished trail sign]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It really is fun going out for an adventure when you have an RV. Plus, there are already parks that are specially made for RV vans like this one that you shared. The place is certainly beautiful, and you all look very happy in those photos, specially the kids, during your stay there. I wish you more fun trips with your family in the future. :-)

Liza Pilon @ Prairie City RV