6.03.2014

Almost Perfect

This weekend was literally almost perfect. The only thing that would've made it better was if B and I were together a bit more. Well, actually, what would make it perfect is if it wouldn't end...my summer break is soooo close!!!

B concocted a plan at the last minute to do a ski tour on Mt. Baker called the Watson Traverse. We'll do a separate post on that. In his absence, K and I enjoyed a trip to the beach in the sunny & 70 degree weather.



Sunday, we met up with several Betties and Babies (toddlers) at a local climbing crag. We got a bit of climbing in, the kiddos played with trucks in the dirt, and a couple of them bouldered a bit. A good time was had by all and we managed to get the kiddos in the packs by nap time.


While K napped, I went for my long training run of the week. I hit the trail at Summit West, thinking I'd run to Rockdale Lake and then up the nordic trails and home. However, I got a bit turned around at Rockdale. Instead of turning onto the nordic trails, I ended up continuing all the way to Silver Peak. By the time I realized my mistake, I decided it would be harder to retrace my steps (there were several fast stream crossings at Rockdale) than it would be to continue on home down the forest service road. So, what was probably going to be 8-9 miles ended up more like 10-12...not sure. It was a beautiful run in the mountains, sunshine, and not a soul to be seen past the first couple of miles.

No comments: