5.29.2010

Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon


You all know that I have always hated running. A strange thing has happened....No, I don't LOVE running but I no longer hate it. My friend Emily coerced me into running the local half-marathon. She has been patiently jogging with me for the past several years, talking comfortably while I huff & puff next to her. As we trained for this race, I actually got better at running (shocking to me...I really didn't think it possible), so that I could match her pace and even hold a conversation.

It rained throughout the whole race, which I actually prefer b/c it keeps me cool. And somewhere around mile 9, the weirdest idea occurred to me: "I should run a marathon!" Don't worry...I quickly banished that crazy notion. I did, however, enjoy the race. Maybe I'll try an ultra-marathon...running in the woods is definitely more my style. ;)

246.jpg
Look at that smile of enjoyment!

No comments: